Showing posts from February 8, 2015


Who can register as an overseas voter?  If you are a British citizen living abroad, you can apply to be an overseas voter. You must have been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years and be eligible to vote in UK Parliamentary general elections and European Parliamentary elections. If you were too young to register when you left the UK, you can still register as an overseas voter. You can do this if your parent or guardian was registered to vote in the UK, as long as you left the UK no more than 15 years ago.
Register to vote  If you are registering to vote in England, Scotland or Wales, you can register online at To register to vote in Northern Ireland, you need to download and complete a form from the Electoral Office for Northern Ireland.
How can I vote? You can choose your method of voting depending on your personal circumstances. Voting by post If you live abroad you can apply to vote by post, although you must be registered individually.   Downlo…


Meet  Kelly Wallace Smith from Dubai, who moved to LA 6 months ago to pursue Photography 

Was there a particular reason you chose LA ? My husbands company Smith & Ken Estate Agents opened an office in Sherman Oaks so we relocated to be here during the crucial first few years of the business growing. We are both from Norfolk, England but we relocated to Dubai in 2006 which is where we both opened our businesses. 

What one thing do you miss from home? My family! I am one of 7 so I miss my sisters and brother so much. 

What do you find the biggest difference is living here ? The obvious answer is the weather! But we have been expatriates for nearly 10 years and having spent 9 years in Dubai we have been fortunate to have sunshine all year round for some time now. I think the biggest difference between here and the UK is the nature of the people – Los Angeles has a wonderful warmth to it, people really go out of their way to make you feel welcome and settled. 

Do you have a hidden gem in LA …